We will be providing recipes for you with season and produce availability in mind. And they will be good ones too! Some difficult, some easy-peasy.
Tested personally at Farm Where Life is Good.
Please add your favorites here too and comment on those you’ve tested yourself!
(Choose the “All Recipes” and scan alphabetically. Sorry, the search feature and categories feature do not appear to work for the recipe section.)
Back to Listings
Click here to go back to the recipe listings
Portuguese Kale Soup (Caldo Verde)
Source: an amalgamation (Entered by Lara Rasmussen Anderson)
Portuguese Kale Soup (Caldo Verde), otherwise referred to as Portuguese Penicillin (think, “chicken soup”). Nuff said!
Step by Step Instructions
- Heat 1 tablespoon oil in a 5-quart heavy pot over medium-high heat until it shimmers, then brown Tofurky Kielbasa, stirring often, 2 to 3 minutes. Transfer with a slotted spoon to a bowl.
- Add onion and garlic to pot with 1/4 teaspoon each of salt and pepper over medium heat, stirring often, until browned, 7 to 8 minutes.
- Add potatoes, stock/broth, and salt and simmer, covered, until potatoes are very tender, 15 to 20 minutes.
- Mash some potatoes into soup to thicken, then add chopped/sliced cabbage/kale and simmer, uncovered, until tender, about 5 minutes.
- Stir in Tofurky kielbasa and beans and cook until just heated through, 1 to 2 minutes. Drizzle with remaining tablespoon oil and season with ground black pepper and hot sauce.
Comments added by fellow market members.