We will be providing recipes for you with season and produce availability in mind. And they will be good ones too! Some difficult, some easy-peasy.
Tested personally at Farm Where Life is Good.
Please add your favorites here too and comment on those you’ve tested yourself!
(Choose the “All Recipes” and scan alphabetically. Sorry, the search feature and categories feature do not appear to work for the recipe section.)
Back to Listings
Click here to go back to the recipe listings
Creole Stuffed Peppers
Source: Adapted from: Veganomicon (Entered by Lara Rasmussen Anderson)
Some wonderful flavors and a nice way to serve in its own dish. Use up those herbs you saved all season!
Step by Step Instructions
- Preheat oven to 350F and grease casserole dish with a little olive oil. Bring large pot of water to boil.
- Cut peppers lengthwise thru stem end. Remove seeds and membranes. Submerge peppers in boiling water and cover. Boil 5min and then drain and rinse with cold water immediately to stop the cooking.
- Meanwhile heat oil in skillet and saute onions, jalapenos and carrots about 10min. Aim for browning the veggies; adjust heat higher to achieve. Add garlic 5 minutes into cooking process.
- Add bay leaves and other herbs and salt; saute for 1 more minute. Add tomatoes, beans and wheat berries, stir and cover for 10minutes. If too liquidy, remove cover to reduce liquid. Mix in parsley.
- Remove bay leaves and thyme sprigs.
- Spoon mixture into pepper halves. Sprinkle with Daiya cheddar and place in casserole dish. Bake 20-25min.
Comments added by fellow market members.